We are seeking to recruit an ambitious and enthusiastic litigation solicitor to join our Legal Technology Group. The Legal Technology Group provides document review and eDiscovery services to law firms and corporate clients. It is also responsible for streamlining and automating our internal processes to enhance our service delivery to clients.
You will be involved in complex large scale document reviews, DSARs, investigations, regulatory matters and other large scale projects. The Legal Technology Group supports all of our practice areas and we are continually expanding our service offerings.
You will work closely with the Legal Technology Director to design and lead large scale document review projects. You will oversee our legal review teams, comprising of highly skilled qualified solicitors and legal professionals, on day to day matters and in delivering bespoke solutions to our clients.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Project management and delivery of document review projects often with challenging, time critical deadlines.
- You will report directly to the Legal Technology Director and will escalate issues arising appropriately.
- Supervising the legal review team (comprising of qualified lawyers and legal professionals) on day to day projects and conducting other relevant fee earning work, as necessary.
- Supporting the Legal Technology Director with drafting and updating the Group’s internal processes, including recommending improvements for the efficient implementation of our service delivery.
- Supporting the client in defining matter scope and drafting of legal review manuals.
- Drafting cost estimates for individual projects, monitoring and reporting on costs on an ongoing basis.
- Responsibility for communication with the client and external stakeholders and reporting on progress.
- Managing resources on individual matters effectively and in line with agreed timetables on projects.
- Conducting quality control to ensure consistently high quality work is produced by the legal review team.
- Becoming a subject matter expert on legal technology and standardised processes.
- Offering project management expertise to the wider firm in order to streamline internal processes and create efficiencies.
- Assisting the Legal Technology Director with business development, marketing and sales initiatives for the Group, as required.
- Building strong internal relationships including with the firm’s specialist fee earners, HR, IT, Accounts, Business Development and Marketing departments.
- Actively contributing to the firm’s Innovation and Legal Technology strategy and being an ambassador within the firm.
- Assisting with recruitment initiatives as necessary for the Group and deliver training sessions.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified solicitor in Northern Ireland and/ or England & Wales.
- At least 5+ year’s PQE working within the litigation practice area.
- Demonstrable experience in providing excellent client service in deadline driven situations.
- Demonstrable experience in solving complex problems and creating innovative solutions.
- A proven ability to work independently in a fast paced multi-tasking role and work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of project managing eDiscovery projects and supervising a legal review team.
- Previous experience utilising document review software to manage reviews and a willingness to keep up to date with technology developments.
- Experience of the Relativity platform is advantageous.
- Experience of working alongside legal technology vendors to deliver eDiscovery projects.
- Knowledge and experience working with a variety of document review software and IT applications.
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 is advantageous.
- Fluency in a second language.
The successful candidate will be joining one of Northern Ireland’s leading law firms and will work on a day to day basis as part of an enthusiastic team. The remuneration package will be commensurate with the level of experience and responsibility involved.
If you are interested in this role, please forward your CV to Kerri Bradley, HR Director at Cleaver Fulton Rankin, via email to email@example.com
Cleaver Fulton Rankin is an equal opportunities employer.